Short Codes are special codes used in the NUACOM system to quickly action different functions or features within the system.
These codes can be used by an extension/agent on Physical IP Phones,
or by an active extension/agent logged in and Available on the Desktop/Mobile App.
Please Note - If using the Desktop/Mobile app, please use the in call keypad to action the short code.
When the phone is Idle
- 777 - Nuacom support hotline
- *2X - Open/Close IVR
Sets the IVR to the open/closed state
Example - IVR1 - *21, IVR10 - *210
- *30XX - Queue log in. XX - Queue number.
Adds the extension/agent to the selected hunt queue.
- *31XX - Queue log out. XX - Queue number.
Removes the extension/agent to the selected hunt queue.
- 266 - record announcement
- 267 - playback announcement
(Account Password & Announcement number required)
See also - Record announcements using a handset when you know the announcement number
- 171 - Voicemail access to the extension you are currently on.
See also - setup/record the busy and out of hours/unavailable messages for that mailbox.
- 600 - Line test
Plays the default "on hold" music.
- 89XXX or *89XXX - Active call monitoring. XX = extension number to listen to.
Requires PIN and XX need to be allowed to be monitored.
- *90XXX - Active call monitoring with whisper/barging. XX = extension number to listen to.
(does not require PIN)
During listening, the following operations are permitted: 4-listen, 5-whisper, 6-barge.
please see - Call Center: Live Call Monitoring
- 290 - Join/Start Conference
- 3XX - Direct voicemail access, leave a voicemail for mailbox XX.
- *98 or 9 - Call pickup/Pull
Can be used to pickup a parked call within the parking lot
Can be used to pull an incoming call ringing on another into your phone
On an Active Call
- *8XX - Ends the active call and transfers the call to a specific hunt queue.
(Hunt Queue's must be setup & active to work)
Example - *81 (calls queue 1), *810 (calls queue 10)
- *9XX - Ends the active call and transfers the call to a specific IVR/call routing.
(The IVR must be setup & active to work)
Example - IVR1 - *91, IVR10 - *910
- #1 - Pause call recording
- #3 - Resume call recording
(Call Recording's must be active on your account)
- 201 - Call Park Lot 1 - Place the active call on hold to parking lot 1
- 202 - Call Park Lot 2 - Place the active call on hold to parking lot 2
- 203 - Call Park Lot 3 - Place the active call on hold to parking lot 3
- 204 - Call Park Lot 4 - Place the active call on hold to parking lot 4
- 100 -Park a call to the next available slot.