You can perform the following types of transfers on Cisco SPA 303:
- Attended Transfer—You call the person to whom you are transferring the call and either:
– transfer the call while the phone is ringing.
– wait for the person to answer before transferring the call.
- Blind Transfer—You transfer the call without speaking to the other party to whom you are transferring the call.
Performing an Attended Transfer
STEP 1 During an active call, press xfer. The call is placed on hold and a new line is opened to dial the required number.
STEP 2 Either:
- Enter the number to which you want to transfer the call, then press the dial softkey or wait a few seconds.
- Press the dir soft-key and either choose a number from the personal directory or select the Corporate Directory and then press the dial soft-key.
If you hang up before the second call rings, the transfer fails and the first call is disconnected. If you misdial, please use the delChar, clear, or cancel soft-key to make your changes before the call is transferred.
STEP 3 Press the xfer softkey after the phone begins to ring, or at any time after the phone is answered.
Performing an Unattended (Blind) Transfer
STEP 1 During an active call, press the bXfer softkey.
STEP 2 Enter the number that you want to transfer the call to and simply press the dial soft-key. The call is transferred with no further action required on your part.
Transferring a Held Call to an Active Call
If you have a call on hold and an active call, you can transfer one of these calls to the other call, connecting the two callers. (This differs from a conference call because you no longer remain part of the call after the transfer.)
With an active call and one or more calls on hold, press the xferLx soft-key.
- If you have only one call on hold, the call is transferred to the active party and you are disconnected.
- If you have more than one call on hold, select the held call you want to transfer by simply pressing the line button of the call on hold. It is as easy as that!