You can perform the following types of transfers on Cisco 7821:
- Attended Transfer—You call the person to whom you are transferring the call and either:
– transfer the call while the phone is ringing.
– wait for the person to answer before transferring the call.
- Blind Transfer—You transfer the call without speaking to the other party to whom you are transferring the call.
Performing an Attended Transfer
STEP 1 During an active call, press Transfer. The call is placed on hold and a new line is opened to dial the required number or extension.
STEP 2 Either:
- Enter the number to which you want to transfer the call, then press the Dial softkey or wait a few seconds.
- Choose from a number in the Directory.
- Press an Ext. from a Programed button.
If you hang up before the second call rings, the transfer fails and the first call is disconnected. If you misdial, please use the soft-keys to make your changes before the call is transferred.
STEP 3 Press the Transfer softkey after the phone begins to ring, or at any time after the phone is answered.
Performing an Unattended (Blind) Transfer
STEP 1 During an active call, press the BlindXfer softkey.
STEP 2 Enter the number, extension or choose a directory number that you want to transfer the call to and simply press the Dial soft-key. The call is transferred with no further action required on your part.